Podcasting is growing every day, with millions of listeners on iTunes and other platforms tuning in.
Here’s a round up of our favourite SME podcasts and the brains behind them. Don’t forget to follow our list of SME podcasters to follow on Twitter.
Check out our other SME journalist lists here. Remember, SME podcasts are often looking for guests – so do drop us a line if you want to some advice on how to secure yourself a guest slot.
StartUp Stories is a show about the experiences, tips and stories of Britain’s best entrepreneurs. StartUP Stories interview a new interesting entrepreneur in every episode.
Jonathan Moules: Business Education Correspondent at Financial Times @Jonathan_Moules
- Jonathon Moules interviews all the entrepreneurs for the Financial Times’ Start Up Stories. He has also recently written ‘The Rebel Entrepreneur’ a book detailing how some entrepreneurs have thrown out the business rule book and have succeeded by doing things differently.
The Bottom Line is a conversation show aimed at giving the audience an insight into what matters to the minds at the top of UK business.
Evan Davis: Host @
- Evan Davis is not only the man behind The Bottom Line, he also presents Newsnight and Dragons Den, making him a great source of business, and particularly entrepreneurial, news.
Each week a guest who is doing something brilliant online is asked about the market, their business and the battle of being an entrepreneur including the brains behind the likes of Uber and PayPal
Jason Calacanis: Founder/CEO and Host @Jason
- Jason Calacnis is the brains behind the podcast alongside founding Engadget, a site which reviews new technology, Inside, a network of email newsletters, and LAUNCH SCALE, an event which hosts a variety of speakers from the business world.
StartUps for the Rest of Us generally follows the stories of entrepreneurs in the software industry in the USA and elsewhere around the world, sharing the experiences of both hosts as well as their guests. Content includes stories, tips on SEO and even branching out to tips such as how to balance your personal life and work life as an entrepreneur or small business owner.
Mike Taber: Co-Host @SingleFounder
- Mark Taber not only co-hosts the podcast, he has also written the Single Founder Handbook, a step-by-step guide for bootstrapped software entrepreneurs.
Rob Walling: Co-Host @
- Rob Walling co-founded drip.co, which aims to transform email subscribers into customers using tools such as marketing automation. Alongside Mark, Rob is hosted a large conference for SME Software Companies called MicroConf.
StartUp is an American podcast about the realities of getting a business of the ground.
Alex Blumberg: Co-Host/Gimlet CEO @abexlumberg
- Alex Blumberg tells his story of how he founded Gimlet, an award winning podcast company, and everything he learnt along the way from how he named the brand to how he appointed his partners.
Lisa Chow: Co-Host @lisaechow
- As the former FiveThirtyEight Editor Lisa Chow helps tell Alex’s story and uses her experience as a journalist to interview other entrepreneurs about their StartUp journeys.
Created by SiteVisibility, Internet Marketing provides interviews with a new guest from the business world in every episode in which they are asked for their one top tip and key takeaway for the audience .
Andy White: Host/Producer @doctorpod
- Andy White is a software engineer and an audio and video producer who has channelled his skills into presenting a number of podcasts including Internet Marketing
Created by Enterprise nation, the Small Business Sessions podcast consists of approximately 10 minute interviews with business owners and entrepreneurs, sharing their top tips and entertaining insights. Although no episodes have been produced for a while, the old content is still great and we are crossing our fingers for more to come.
Emily Chiswell: Host @emilychiswell
- Emily not only runs the podcast but does a variety of work for the BBC as well as running Passion Pods, a podcast for creative start-ups.
The Guardian Small Business Network launched a new series of podcasts recording the highs and lows of entrepreneurship in January 2018. The page also contains some great 2017 interviews from the Adventures in Business series which recorded speakers at the Guardian Small Business Network’s Confessions events.
Coco Khan: Host @cocobyname
- Coco Khan is a journalist and the content coordinator for the Guardian’s Small Business Network. She also runs the Guardians podcast series regarding start-ups. Khan writes both about the financial impacts of Brexit for SME’s etc., but she also writes about more unique issues, for example her recent article on workplace wellness.
- Rowan is a Podcast Producer & Production Manager at The Guardian.