How to pitch to the media and secure high profile press coverage. Media pitching training with Pitch Craft.
Want to know how to pitch to the media to secure press coverage? Looking to improve your skills, secure better results and crack the national press? Or, do you simply want to build your confidence and even learn to love pitching? Don’t miss Pitch Craft, media pitching training with Nellie PR.
In small supportive groups, online and in person, you’ll learn the art of media pitching: how to pitch and sell in your story to the media to secure high profile media coverage for you, your business or the business you work for.
• The value of earned press coverage
• The challenge of pitching and selling in your story
• Mistakes to avoid
• Opportunities and why good Pitch Craft is needed – what makes a good pitch
• How to research the press and media contacts with tips on building your press list
• Opportunities to secure press coverage from features to interviews, articles and everything else in between
• The power of the hook and crafting a great story
• How to craft and structure your pitch
• The importance of the subject line
• Vital information to include
• How to provide extra value and make it easier for the media to use your pitch
• Advice on timing
• How to pitch: guidance on email, telephone, and social media pitching
• Relationship-building for long-term success
• Building on your success, what next and how to amplify your press coverage
• Dealing with rejection
• Building confidence and Pitch Craft expertise
• Sharing and celebrating your success.
During the media pitching training, there will also be:
• Plenty of real-life examples of successful pitches
• Top tips on securing press coverage
• Practical exercises, including a session where you work on your own pitch
• Time to ask questions, share your experiences and gain feedback
• Invitation to join our Facebook group for you to share your successes.
The Pitch Craft media pitching training course is for you if:
• You’re a PR or comms professional (in-house, agency or freelance) who wants to gain more confidence, learn to love pitching or get better at pitching to achieve better results and more press coverage
• You’re a business owner, entrepreneur, business leader or expert who wants to step out of the shadows and secure more high-profile press coverage for yourself and/or your business.
As a result of attending this practical session, you’ll come away with a completed pitch to sell into the media and have renewed confidence and enthusiasm
Previous attendees have achieved amazing results with recent press coverage on the BBC, in the Times and Telegraph amongst many others.
What people say about Pitch Craft
“Fantastic short course. Helped me to identify how we will need to build our pitch strategy which hopefully will feed into our growing business. Loved the templates.”
“Nice relaxed yet professional atmosphere and feel to the session. Key tips presented really clearly. Really informative, will make full use and let you know how I get on.”
“Relaxed workshop, practical advice, confidence-boosting.”
“Excellent morning learning about new platforms and looking outside the box at how I will pitch. Really looking forward to using these new tools and seeing the results.”
“A great workshop – good timing and location. Nice to be in a small group as it feels less formal and more personal. Good range of tips, and good to ask us to work on our own example.”
“Great opportunity to crystalise thoughts around pitching and have focus and rules to follow. Also helped to identify where we have previously gone wrong.”
About Ellen Carroll
Ellen Carroll is your guide to Pitch Craft – sharing her media pitching experience and Pitch Craft expertise gained from over 22 years’ of pitching and securing press coverage right across the media landscape from the likes of BBC Breakfast and Radio 4, FT, The Times, Telegraph and Guardian, Marie Claire, regional newspapers, glossy and business magazines, blogs, trade, online and broadcast media.
What the media say about Ellen:
“Understanding the kind of content that a particular journalist needs is key to success as a PR. Many don’t get it right but Ellen is one of the PRs who does. She knows what makes a good story and just how to get the attention of us hacks! Highly recommended.”
Book your Pitch Craft ticket
Pitch Craft is ‘pre-approved for Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) CPD’, and is accredited by the PRCA.
In-house, one to one and group Pitch Craft workshops and media pitching training are also available. Book your discovery call to find out more and to discuss your requirements or email Nellie PR at email@example.com
The Pitch Craft online webinar starts from £35 + VAT and you can also book a follow-up one-to-one session.
To book Pitch Craft online, visit:
Pitch Craft half day workshops
Early bird tickets for Pitch Craft (half day) cost £110 or £220 (plus VAT) if you want to add on a follow-up Pitch Craft session to get individual feedback on your own media pitch.
In-house group media pitching training sessions (half day) start from £750 + VAT.