“Nellie PR did an amazing job at promoting our first ever Meet the Manufacturer event. They only secured features for the show within the trade and business press and gained significant exposure for our exhibitors too.” Kate Hills, founder of Make it British
“What a buzzy conference and trade show. Loved it! #passion #creativity” Vicki Owen, The Mail On Sunday
- 17 national and trade media attended the event, including the , , , , , and many more
- To date, 30 pieces of high quality coverage secured, across national, trade and regional media not including extensive online and blog coverage
- secured in the FT
- The client, , sells out of conference and trade show tickets for its debut two-day event
- Over 3,000 people attended the event with queues around the block to get in.
On 11 & 12 June 2014, , the campaign for UK manufacturing, launched its debut ‘ conference and sourcing event. Headlined by Mary Portas, the event aimed to rebuild connections between British garment and textile manufacturers and the brands and retailers looking reshore production to the UK. As the first-ever event of its kind, ‘Meet the Manufacturer’ was a brand new concept for the UK fashion and textiles industry. With only six weeks before the event our challenge was to:
- Secure high-level pre-event coverage to highlight the key industry issues and reasons why brands, retailers and designers should attend
- Position ‘Meet the Manufacturer’ as the top UK manufacturing conference and sourcing show
- Raise the profile of event organiser Kate Hills, and highlight her ‘one woman mission’ to bring full-scale manufacturing back to the UK
- Build relationships and secure high profile media attendance at the event, as well as targeted post-event coverage.
What we did:
- Wrote and distributed a pre-event press release, announcing the high profile line-up and highlighting the real benefits of attending
- Created a list of target media, bloggers and influencers to attend the event
- Pitched ‘Make it British’ founder Kate Hills forward for opinion pieces securing in-depth interviews
- Created a template press release – for conference speakers and exhibitors to adapt and distribute to their own local media to achieve regional coverage
- Extensive media and blogger relations to secure attendance at the event
- Coordinated all media interviews during and after the event
- Created a post-event round up press release package, including full event review, photography, quotes and additional information
- Extensive post-event media relations, to maximise coverage.
- 17 key journalists and influencers attended the event, including: Tanya Powley – , Vicki Owen – , Elizia Volkmann – Freelance fashion writer, Eric Musgrave and Olivia Gagan – , Henrietta Harrison – , Katie Smith – , Mark Swift – , Hannah Wesson – , Alexandra Cooke and Charlotte Rogers – , Billy Hunter and Jane Smith – , Gemma Champ – freelance fashion and features writer, Tony Boylan from and many more
- 30 pieces of high quality coverage achieved, including Mail on Sunday, , , , , , , , , , ,
- , focusing on reshoring and the UK skills shortage with exhibitors interviewed
- in , trade magazine for the UK lingerie, nightwear and swimwear industry
- Four in-depth reports secured with and two reports in
- Opinion piece in : ‘The Government must clamp down on firms that claim to manufacture in the UK, but do not’
- In-depth regional coverage also included interviews with event exhibitors in the , , , and
- The first ever ‘Meet the Manufacturer’ event was a sell-out, with queues out the door on the first day
- 100% positive coverage with strong Made in Britain manufacturing messages.
Want to know more?
Contact Ellen Carroll at Nellie PR at or give us a call on 01626 249045, we would love to hear from you. You can also see more Nellie PR case studies.
Campaign: Meet the Manufacturer event
Services: Public relations, media relations, newsworthy content, online PR, social media
Photo Used: © Kate Hills, founder of Make it British/Meet the Manufacturer