“Nellie PR doesn’t bombard the media with press releases. Instead, it takes a targeted and issue-based approach that can turn even the most complex information and statistics into engaging and interesting news that delivers real value and exposure for our business” – Peter Brooker, Head of Public Affairs for Experian
- Coverage for Experian now 167% higher than that of its nearest competitor
- Over 240 separate articles of press coverage secured in the agreed target media
- Series of in-depth articles secured to be featured in the leading trade titles
- Double page spread in Credit Management Magazine – the number one industry title.
- Develop greater awareness of Experian’s business information offering amongst key decision makers
- Generate awareness and coverage regarding the power and depth of Experian’s business information
- Communicate Experian’s ability to integrate business information, the people behind the business and payment information – pushing Experian as thought leaders in the credit and business information industry
What we did
- The development and implementation of a PR strategy for Experian’s Business Information division
- The creation of a Press Office function that provided the facilities to liaise with the media, respond to journalist enquiries and work closely with the marketing team and Press Office.
- Reviewed the available data, agreeing on a series of research-based reports to be issued.
- To support the research peaks campaign, strong media relations activity was undertaken. This included the selling-in of the research-based releases to key national journalists and PA News to ensure stories generated maximum press coverage.
- Face-to-face briefings were secured with the leading trade media to communicate new offerings that communicated Experian’s core objectives. The briefings were followed up with the provision of press releases, in-depth articles and interviews.
- Drafted, distributed and pitched new product announcements, new appointment press releases and case studies, including testimonials from clients such as: Eon, NPower, Scottish & Southern Electric, Wolters Kluwer, Britvic and Sage
- In-depth, thought leadership articles were also produced to communicate Experian’s expertise and to increase awareness of Experian and the power and depth of its information.
- Over 108 separate activities recorded, including journalist requests for comments, the pitching of press releases and in-depth articles.
- Coverage for Experian now over 167% higher than that of its nearest competitor
- Over 240 separate articles of press coverage secured in the agreed target media, including: The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Financial Times, Channel 4 News, The BBC, Accountancy Age and many more.
- The selling in of the research-based releases to The Financial Times and The Daily Telegraph really paid off. Results included a one page spread with key spokesperson for Experian quoted in The Financial Times.
- The coverage in the nationals was replicated in the trade media. In particular, the face-to-face media briefings resulted in high-level quality coverage, including a double-page spread about Experian’s new Risk Report in Credit Management Magazine – the number one industry title
- Increase in requests from journalists, especially freelancers for Experian to provide columns, hints and tips articles
- Series of in-depth articles secured to be featured in the leading trade titles – a direct result from the in-depth press briefings held
Campaign: Business Information
Timeline: April to September 2007
Services: Public relations, media relations, newsworthy content, online PR, social media