- Five pieces of high quality national television and radio coverage secured
- Over 60 quality articles across national, regional and online media
- in the Financial Times
- 10 direct requests for interview/comment from key journalists
- 59% increase in online and social media visits and engagement.
David Nieper’s national for 2012 was a great success, achieving extensive TV, radio, print and online coverage. We wanted to keep up the momentum for 2013, but needed to create a fresh focus for the campaign in order to ensure that David Nieper remained front-of-mind. Our challenge was to:
- Continue to position David Nieper at the heart of the now-saturated Made in Britain’ debate and maintain its share of voice
- Capitalise on existing relationships with key journalists and influencers, positioning David Nieper as the ‘go to’ British manufacturer for interview or comment
- Develop relationships with new media contacts, sharing the David Nieper story with fresh audiences
- Boost brand awareness amongst customers, consumers, local people and potential staff.
What we did:
- Developed new talking points, focusing on craftsmanship, British quality and skills
- Drafted and distributed issue-based, timely press releases with accompanying photography, throughout the year
- Created two mini-campaigns around the company’s work around the manufacturing skills and craftsmanship issues
- Secured five high-level visits and tours of the factory, resulting in feature interviews
- Secured and coordinated three media visits, including TV and radio
- Piggybacked on relevant issues and opportunities
- Pitched in-depth articles and features
- Developed an online press room and to improve online presence, drive traffic and organic media interest in the company
- Launched a brand new blog, ensuring fresh, regular content around key talking points.
- Five pieces of national television and broadcast coverage, including , , , with live interviews on BBC Radio Five Wake-up to Money and BBC Radio 4 Friday Boss
- Over 60 items of high quality national, regional and online coverage, including , The Times, , , , , , , and many more
- Full page picture-led article in
- Visits and interviews from regional television and radio, including , ,
- In-depth trade media coverage in Drapers, Make it British, , Fashion Capital, Direct Commerce, Real Business, London Loves Business, Knitting Industry…
- Visits and interviews from national media, including Kate Hills from Make it British, and Al Jazeera
- Ongoing media coverage with all key local and regional media such as The Derbyshire, Derbyshire Times, Ripley & Heanor News, The CHAD, Derbyshire Life, Midlands Business Insider, East Midlands Business, BBC East Midlands…
- Over 12 million media impacts, not including the addition of extensive radio, TV and online coverage
- 100% positive coverage with strong messaging around Made in Britain, skills, craftsmanship and quality
- Online and social media exposure generating over 2,615 unique visits to the online press room – 59% increase on 2012
- Highest ever sales recorded by the company in 2013
- High ranking and trusted links secured.
Want to know more?
Contact Ellen at Nellie PR at or give us a call on 01392 927746 we would love to hear from you. You can also see more Nellie PR case studies.
Client: David Nieper
Agency: Nellie PR
Campaign: David Nieper – skills, craftsmanship and British quality
Timeline: January-December 2013
Services: Sustained, fully integrated PR campaign utilising public relations, media relations, newsworthy content, online PR, video, social media, virtual newsroom