“As a consultant I recognise the importance of bringing in expert help to achieve tough objectives, which is why I engaged Nellie PR to help me become established as a high-profile marketing speaker and commentator. In just six months, Nellie’s PR very focused approach secured more coverage and speaker engagements than I ever expected. I couldn’t have asked for more from this campaign” – Bryony Thomas, Clear Thought Consulting now Watertight Marketing.
- Bryony interviewed for an article in Director Magazine – the leading title for board-level decision makers
- Article written in the Guardian. An online Q&A with Bryony generated high social media interaction including 212 comments, 42 tweets and 52 shares
- Press release issues 356 unique hits and 10,000 headline impressions
- Visits to the website from search engines increased by 100% and searches using ‘Bryony Thomas’ increased by 79%
- Total media circulation: in excess of 1.5million business owners, marketing professionals and peers
- Bryony presented a seminar to more than 120 senior marketers and sat on a panel of specialists at the B2B Marketing Annual Conference. She is now a regular workshop and seminar presenter.
- Raise awareness of Bryony as a key thought leader in Marketing
- Securing coverage in key business and marketing media
What we did
- Research and identify the most relevant publications, events and journalists to target directly with features, articles and proposals.
- Use of media relations to raise the profile of Bryony Thomas which resulted in secured interviews and comment provided.
- Key audiences were targeted through direct and indirect methods which combined intensive media-relations efforts with the use of social media and online channels
- Pro-active use of Twitter to identify, monitor and target relevant opportunities
- Social media: Bryony’s twitter programme grew from 1,000 to 2,403 during the campaign
- B2B Marketing Annual Conference: Bryony presented a seminar to more than 120 senior marketers and sat on a panel of specialists. Bryony is now a regular workshop and seminar presenter.
- B2B marketing – secured Bryony as a trainer delivering two paid-for training sessions with further training planned
- M&A Mid-Market Forum – Bryony delivered social media training to 30+ decision makers.
- £3,500 in speaker income received so far, with other paid-for engagements in the pipeline
- B2B Marketing magazine – numerous in-depth and feature articles published. Reaching 50,000 marketing professionals each month.
- B2B Marketing blog – Bryony secured as a regular blogger
- Coverage generated: over 16 items (not including blogs), including The Guardian, Director and BBC Radio 4
- Bryony listed in South West Insider’s 42 most influential people aged under 42.
- Total media circulation: In excess of 1.5 million business owners, marketing professional and peers
Want to know more?
Contact Ellen Carroll at Nellie PR at or give us a call on 01392 927746, we would love to hear from you. You can also see more Nellie PR case studies.
Client: Bryony Thomas
Timeline: January-May 2011
Services: Public relations, media relations, newsworthy content, online PR, social media
Photo Used: © Bryony Thomas, Watertight Marketing