Here is a round up of the top SME journalists in UK TV and Radio to follow on Twitter. Browse through the list below and don’t forget follow our list on Twitter.
Check out our other SME journalist lists here.
The BBC run daily business sectors on their news programmes, as well as the daily broadcast of Business Live which focuses solely on business news. The BBC tend to focus on national business trends but the news also provides relevant SME content.
Ben Thompson: Presenter and correspondent, BBC News @BBCBenThompson
- Ben Thompson presents on BBC Breakfast as well as co-hosting Business Live.
Steph McGovern: Business presenter, BBC Breakfast @stephbreakfast
- As BBC Breakfast’s business presenter, Steph McGovern travels across the UK to find out what is happening in business small and large, from factory workers to FTSE 100 CEOs. Her stories usually concern how big financial trends will actually affect businesses in practice rather than in theory.
Rebecca Wearn: Business Reporter, BBC Breakfast @RebeccaWearn
- Rebecca Wearn, a BBC journalist, also keeps herself busy with independent projects in developing countries as well as writing for the homeless charity newspaper, The Pavement.
Simon Jack: Business editor, BBC News @BBCSimonJack
- Simon Jack blogs for the BBC about how broad business issues impact our lives, jobs, the economy and personal finances.
Dougal Shaw: Senior Video Journalist & creator of CEO Secrets @dougalshawBBC
- Dougal Shaw uses his twitter to share useful content from the BBC and other top tips such as great smartphone video tips. Although Shaw no longer runs CEO Secrets, a great collection of short interviews with the UK’s top CEOs, it remains his brilliant creation.
Eleanor Lawrie: Business journalist @Eleanor_Lawrie
- Eleanor Lawrie, having joined the BBC in March 2017, is very successful in interacting with her SME followers. She asks her followers ‘Got a Story?’, hunting for SME case studies to write about and share through her twitter account. She also shares great content and tips for SMEs.
Will Smale: Editor of BBC News Entrepreneur Segment @WillSmale1
- Will Smale edits the BBC News Website’s entrepreneurship features including The Boss profile slot, and the Business Brain series.
Although ITV do not run a separate business news programme, like the BBC they air specific business news segments in their broadcasts. The ITV business segment largely consists of explaining overarching business trends through specific case studies, and therefore often explains how economical and political shifts can affect small businesses or a local area.
Joel Hills: Business editor @ITVJoel
- Joel Hill leads all business coverage and in-depth analysis of the latest business stories on the agenda from the UK and around the world at ITV news.
Channel 4 News
Like most other news channels, Channel 4 holds a business news segment in their broadcasts. Covering national business news, to specific sections and regions it is a great medium to keep up with the latest trends and information.
Siobhan Kennedy: Business Editor @siobhankennedy4
- Siobhan Kennedy presents the business sector and news on Channel 4 shows. Kennedy also judges The Small Awards celebrating great SMEs around Britain- find out more about the awards here.
Sky News is another great source for business news. Due to the longer length of the programme, in comparison to that of Channel 4 or ITV News, the business segment is larger and offers great content for business in general and SMEs in particular. @SkyNewsBiz
Ian King: Business presenter, Sky News @IanKingSky
- Ian King fronts Sky News’ daily business programme Ian King Live (@SkyIanKingLive) and is the lead voice in Sky’s business coverage. King also works as a business columnist for the Times.
Rachel Healey-Harris: Business editor, Sky News @rachhealey
- As well as producing Sky News’ business content, Rachel Healey-Harris also produces Ian King Live.
Adam Parsons: Business correspondent, Sky News @AdamParsons1
- Newly appointed business correspondent, Adam Parsons helps present Sky News’ business coverage for the network.
Mark Kleinman Sky News City Editor @MarkKleinmanSky
- Kleinman has interviewed many of Britain’s important business figures including the CEO of Tesco. His tweets inform you about large changes in various business sectors.
Reuters is a business and finance news platform. Recently Reuters TV (@ReutersTV) have launched a video news iOS and Android app which lets you watch live business news on your phone, tablet or on their website here.
Axel Threlfall: Editor @axelthrelfall
- As an editor of Reuters TV, Axel Threlfall is a great source of business news, tweeting his own and well as his colleagues content.
Alexander Smith: Specialist Editor @alexsmitheditor
- Similarly, as a London-based editor specilaiting in Financial and Business news, Alexander Smith produce good business content on general trends as well as specific industries and case studies.
BBC Radio 4
- Dominic O’Connell often presents on In Business as well as Radio 4 News.
Katie Prescott: Business Producer/Presenter, BBC Radio 4 Today @kprescott
- Katie Prescott does not solely focus on business news but she uses her twitter as a great way to share useful business related articles from a wide range of publications, creating a great diverse feed.
Matthew Gwyther: In Business Presenter, BBC Radio 4 Today @MatthewGwyther
- Ex-editor of Management Today and five time BSME Business Magazine Editor of the year, Matthew Gwyther now presents Radio 4’s In Business.
BBC Radio 5
Like BBC Radio 4, Radio 5 offers a great business news programme, Wake up to Money, where the journalists provide ‘news and views’ on the latest issues and trends in business.
Colletta Smith: Presenter, BBC Radio 5 Live @collettasmith
- Colletta Smith presents the business news section on Radio 5 whilst also running Wake up to Money
Sean Farrington: Presenter, BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC Breakfast @seanfarrington
- Sean Farrington, co-hosts Wake up to Money alongside his work as a business presenter on BBC Breakfast.
We endeavour to keep this list up to date with the correct information, however, if you spot any outdated information please let us know.
If you’re interested in getting coverage in the press or want advice on how best to pitch a story to secure coverage, check out my Pitch Craft media pitching training.