David Nieper – Made in Britain craftsmanship
- Five pieces of high quality national television and radio coverage secured
- Over 60 quality articles across national, regional and online media
- Full page picture-led article in the Financial Times
- 10 direct requests for interview/comment from key journalists
- 59% increase in online and social media visits and engagement.
David Nieper’s previous national Made in Britain PR campaign was a great success, achieving extensive TV, radio, print and online coverage. We wanted to keep up the momentum, but needed to create a fresh focus for the campaign in order to ensure that David Nieper remained front-of-mind.
Our challenge was to:
- Continue to position David Nieper at the heart of the now-saturated Made in Britain’ debate and maintain its share of voice
- Capitalise on existing relationships with key journalists and influencers, positioning David Nieper as the ‘go to’ British manufacturer for interview or comment
- Develop relationships with new media contacts, sharing the David Nieper story with fresh audiences
- Boost brand awareness amongst customers, consumers, local people and potential staff.
What we did:
- Developed new talking points, focusing on craftsmanship, British quality and skills
- Drafted and distributed issue-based, timely press releases with accompanying photography, throughout the year
- Created two mini-campaigns around the company’s work around the manufacturing skills and craftsmanship issues
- Secured five high-level visits and tours of the factory, resulting in feature interviews
- Secured and coordinated three media visits, including TV and radio
- Piggybacked on relevant issues and opportunities
- Pitched in-depth articles and features
- Developed an online press room and to improve online presence, drive traffic and organic media interest in the company
- Launched a brand new blog, ensuring fresh, regular content around key talking points.
- Five pieces of national television and broadcast coverage, including BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC 5 Live with Martin Lewis, Al Jazeera English with live interviews on BBC Radio Five Wake-up to Money and BBC Radio 4 Friday Boss
- Over 60 items of high quality national, regional and online coverage, including The Financial Times, The Times, The Guardian, The Times SME Hub, DrapersMail Online, Nottingham Post, Derby Telegraph, Midlands Business Insider, Derby Telegraph and many more
- Full page picture-led article in The Financial Times
- Visits and interviews from regional television and radio, including BBC East Midlands, BBC Radio Derby, BBC Radio Sheffield
- In-depth trade media coverage in Drapers, Make it British, The Manufacturer, Fashion Capital, Direct Commerce, Real Business, London Loves Business, Knitting Industry…
- Visits and interviews from national media, including Kate Hills from Make it British, The Times and Al Jazeera
- Ongoing media coverage with all key local and regional media such as The Derbyshire, Derbyshire Times, Ripley & Heanor News, The CHAD, Derbyshire Life, Midlands Business Insider, East Midlands Business, BBC East Midlands…
- Over 12 million media impacts, not including the addition of extensive radio, TV and online coverage
- 100% positive coverage with strong messaging around Made in Britain, skills, craftsmanship and quality
- Online and social media exposure generating over 2,615 unique visits to the online press room – 59% increase on the previous year
- Highest ever sales recorded by the company that year
- High ranking and trusted links secured.
Want to know more?
Contact Ellen at Nellie PR at email@example.com or give us a call on 01626 249045, we would love to hear from you. You can also see more Nellie PR case studies.
The client: David Nieper
The agency: Nellie PR
Campaign: David Nieper – skills, craftsmanship and British quality
Services: Sustained, fully integrated PR campaign utilising public relations, media relations, newsworthy content, online PR, video, social media, virtual newsroom